Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this normal for the wing badges to wear down like this?

The car came with these badges, I don't even think the guy used the backing plate (if it even came with one). But all of the hubcaps centers were swapped to wing badges also so maybe he just ordered a cheap set? Car is from another state, is this what happens to the badges when it rains a lot or on carwashes or what? Looks maybe drenched idk.

Anyways I'm gonna order new badges and I'm looking for chrome any recommendations? eBay or Import shark? The ones I have now look pretty much like the same exact thing lol just worn

·
Registered
782 Posts
My wheel caps are doing that. I tried to keep them as nice as long as possible by coating them in sealant but they still faded.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hilarious that you're having the same issue as me (and here I thought I was the only one). I see you're from Chicago too so it must be that Chicago rain and snow. On a more serious note, I used 80% alcohol to clean mine and it seems to have helped. They'll probably get like that again after a while so I think just buying new ones is the best bet. :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Not made good enough

Not really made to resist the elements.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So all they make is these cheap plastic badges? There are no high quality ones made out of metal or "metal-like" material? Or something similar to chrome? I mean I guess it would be heavier and might not stick as well but geez haha. I'm definitely not buying one of those shitty custom made ones on eBay.. 30$ for plastic! I can't complain though it makes the car look way better :)

·
Registered
627 Posts
Unfortunately, this has been a common issue with these center badges. They're made cheap n fade in the sun. Waitin for someone to release the new Genesis brand wing badge for our cars.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I made a post on here about how to restore them. Not sure about the faded center piece, but the "chrome" looking part looks ugly after time due to wax buildup. I used mothers back to black and went at it for a while with the included toothbrush. The before and after was night and day improvement. (see in pics, right side is before left side is after) . Good luck.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just emailed Nate @ rebadge and he's making me up a couple of new ones. He's done a lot of badges for me in the past and are high quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts