Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 GC 3.8L and need winter tires. I am getting a good deal for these tires with rims would I have any issues with them?

Aluminum 17" rims and nuts
Bridgestone Blizzak P225/50r17 x 2
Bridgestone Blizzak P225/55r17 x 2
Used very briefly on a Infinity G35 coupe'

·
Reader of many threads
1,424 Posts
G35 Centre Bore is 1mm too small for the GC. If the rims are aftermarket with a bigger bore, you'll need hubcentric rings to match bores.

Ensure the offset will allow all required clearances. Stock G35 offset is 24mm. stock GC offset is 35mm.

Tire sizes are fine for traction control but the rear end will be raked up because you're running a taller tire by a couple centimeters.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am very new to tires and such so sorry if I sound stupid. I have 18's on now so how would a 17" be taller? what I have on my car now are Front- 225/45R18 96V and on the rear 245/45R18 96V whould you get these tires for a good price and if I do what do I have to do to make sure everything is ok! They are just winter tires!

·
Advenio Pariter
3,967 Posts
If you have the base brakes these should work. I run 215/55 R17 winter tires all around (square setup). When I replace these I would put on a taller tire in the rear to keep my ECS happy. I would probably go with exactly what you have because the 215 has good bite, but I spin my rears too easily. What you are quoting is likely what I will do next year as my winters are on their last season coming up.

·
Reader of many threads
1,424 Posts
I am very new to tires and such so sorry if I sound stupid. I have 18's on now so how would a 17" be taller? what I have on my car now are Front- 225/45R18 96V and on the rear 245/45R18 96V whould you get these tires for a good price and if I do what do I have to do to make sure everything is ok! They are just winter tires!
Regarding the taller tire, I was referring to the rear being a 55 profile vs the front being a 50 profile tire.
Your current stock sizes are the usual staggered setup - a little extra width with no change in profile.

Effectively, if you do the math, the difference is actually quite minimal.... 10mm if you went with staggered width+same profile 17"s.

The rim size is meaningless without the sidewall heights. You're pretty much bang on for what you need to have for a working 17" setup, I would worry more about the actual rim offset and the center bore size - if your center bore is too small, you will not be able to mount the rims onto your hubs.... they just won't go on unless you get them bored out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I understand what you mean now thank you, I feel totally lost when coming to tires! Could you get a tire place to bore out a rim or is that a specialized trade?

·
Reader of many threads
1,424 Posts
I understand what you mean now thank you, I feel totally lost when coming to tires! Could you get a tire place to bore out a rim or is that a specialized trade?
I know it's been done but I've never personally had to go through it - any reputable tire & wheel shop can advise the best course of action.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts