Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Would you install an unpainted grill on a brand new car?

• No, absolutely not.

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Hells yea that be perfickly normul!

Votes: 7 16.3%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, so out of curiosity...
You recently bought a $25,000-$30,000+ car, right? Exactly how many of you would have no problem installing an unpainted grill on your car and just driving around like that? We're talking about a grill that's NOT prepared at all--and most likely a powdery grey or charcoal-like primer color? Don't forget that when RAW FIBERGLASS is exposed to everyday road conditions, it'll get dinged and pockmarked from small pebbles, dirt, road salts, etc.

Here are some unpainted grills that should help you understand what you could put on your brand new car....

·
Registered
154 Posts
hell effing no... matte it if u dont want it to be glossy!

BTW im still waiting on a reply to the PM i sent you about my grill :D

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
I ran w/o a grille for several months while ARK was replacing my original I got from them with a new better fitting mold. So if it was temporary, sure...why not. But eventually I would have to get it painted or it would drive me nuts.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
... So if it was temporary, sure...why not. But eventually I would have to get it painted or it would drive me nuts.
X2

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I'm guessing someone ordered an unpainted grill from you and installed it as is. That person is now complaining that it isn't holding up?

·
제네시스 쿠페
1,070 Posts
if my car was unpainted

yes

o_O

█▄▄ ███ █▄▄ _ █▄█▄█ █▄█ ▀█▀

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
why stop at grill, why not a unpainted bumper...
I mean, its only temporary ;)

I'm sure every civic owner rocking the full unpainted body kit was thinking the same thing. :D

·
wag um
519 Posts
ugh reminds me of those civics with half primered half raw fiberglass jobs while sporting the red fenders on a green car.

·
「まんがをえ&#
2,483 Posts
But why the question though? personally I wouldn't... I mean if you already put down the money for a part, why not go spend few more bucks to complete it instead of leaving it half ass....

·
Its a Hyundai
275 Posts
looks awsome...:fleshbox:

·
Its a Hyundai
275 Posts
Lmao:point:

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I'm guessing someone ordered an unpainted grill from you and installed it as is. That person is now complaining that it isn't holding up?
i was guessing the same thing, i was like there is no way he is serious....he knows we are ALL cheap and want a better price but come on lol!! yeah no way i would do that.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts