Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading this article by Tim Healey of Torque News making a good case for Genesis Coupe EV.

What do you think? When things int he auto industry are moving toward electrification, and even huge trucks, how many miles should a Genesis Coupe have on single charge to make a good case?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Gayer than a bag of dicks.

The fact the GC never came with the Tau V8 is weaksauce. That motor in this car wouldve killed it, but nooooo.

Its why my next car will be American again. C6 Vette, 11+ GT Mustang, Charger SRT8, something to that effect. Maybe even a Gen2 CTS-V.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I really believe that Genesis Coupe buyers are/were price-sensitive and wanted a good-value sporty rear-wheel-drive car that handles well, and had an engine that provided good performance. The earlier Genesis Coupe models were available with turbo chargers, but that option disappeared in the later model line, and for good reason.

I have no interest in an EV car or a turbocharged model. I want a NA car that is reliable, provides excellent performance, and is reasonably priced. I think I just described the Genesis Coupe 3.8. :smile:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
EV Gen Coupe

I don't know folks. I think in 25 years no gas car will be produced, given the fact that some major countries have already announced that they will ban them in 15-20 years.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
These articles are terrible with no citations or links to "sources." It's just random interviews that the author decided to take and make something out of. In which case, at least start with where Hyundai/Genesis is with their complete line-up of electric and possibly where they plan to go with it (Ioniq). Put some sale figures in there with citations. Not to mention the Hyundai Genesis Coupe is DEAD. We already know Genesis stated that a G60 coupe is suppose to be planned after the two SUVs are released.

My favorite part of the whole article, "Who knows?"

·
Registered
150 Posts
Here are some points to consider about EV cars.

EV cars are exotic now because they are rare. If we had millions of these on the road, the electric grid would not handle the demand. Current battery technology and management isn’t adequate now for anything more than a small number of electric cars. Disposing of a few million batteries would overwhelm hazardous waste facilities and compliance standards.

Certainly, carbon release is a problem and a big concern now, but there would be similar problems when we had to dispose of spent battery components. And, there is an enormous amount of oil remaining on the planet.

In all likelihood, China will lead development in battery technology. China won’t be hampered by protections for workers or the environment, or infringement on existing technology; and they will quickly move towards a solution.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I don't know folks. I think in 25 years no gas car will be produced, given the fact that some major countries have already announced that they will ban them in 15-20 years.
These countries that are proposing it are dogshit, and will be 3rd world shitholes within that same timeframe.

Any real nation that produces anything of real intrinsic value will not be trying to ban internal combustion for the forseeable future, its mostly a bunch of green**** countries that are doing it to pat themselves on the back and sniff their own farts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts