Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
QRU GenCoupe
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
words cannot describe the WANT/MUST HAVE/NEED i have for an LSD.

the dumbest thing iv ever done was buy a base model 3.8 :-(

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts

·
QRU GenCoupe
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:-0!!!! wow didnt think theyd be on ebay yet thanks!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Wow, I was just thinking of posting the same thing...
For $ 900, I get a used stock factory LSD...
OR...
for $ 1250, I get a KAAZ 1.5/2way LSD...

The only reason why I was thinking of picking up the factory LSD was due to cost... although the one on ebay comes with axles, I wouldn't be too surprised if it came off of a wrecked GC...

Question for OP, are you going to jump on the LSD listed on ebay?

·
Board Whore
644 Posts
i saw this. and was like YO I GOT THIS I GOTCHU A HOOK UP. than i realized you meant limited slip differential.:dunno:

·
거침없는 크럿&
376 Posts
what price range were you looking for? i might be able to ship you a used one. no axles or pumpkin. just the unit.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
If the stock LSD unit can be installed into a base 3.8, I would be ordering one within a few months... The stock LSD is actually the better buy for people who don't need race-spec LSDs, stock LSD lasts for a long time and doesn't require maintenance...

Question for AnalogHero: Can a used stock LSD be shipped to the states for less than $600? and would you happen to know if it can be installed in a base GC without too much of a hassle?

·
Knows some stuff...
6,852 Posts
what price range were you looking for? i might be able to ship you a used one. no axles or pumpkin. just the unit.
oh, I didn't know you have an LSD for a 2.0. I would have asked you to throw that in with the turbo and manifold. lol I got money in hand, shoot me a PM please

·
Work in Progress
6,496 Posts
Question for AnalogHero: Can a used stock LSD be shipped to the states for less than $600? and would you happen to know if it can be installed in a base GC without too much of a hassle?
+1 for Analog. I thought I remember reading that these were a huge pain to install but I could be wrong.

·
거침없는 크럿&
376 Posts
don't think it's a huge pain for install. i mean, it seems like it's just like any other lsd install. drain fluid, unbolt mount, pop out the half shafts from the pumpkin, cover, clamps, take old unit out, take off gear ring, put gear ring on lsd, pop lsd back in, check backlashing, adjust shims, clamp, cover, halfshafts, and fluids with lsd additive. if you've done an lsd before, it's the same process really. I asked some of the mechanics here, and they say all half shafts are the same size, so i don't think you need new ones. just the unit.

depending on some of the used ones that pop up every now and then on the korean boards. I can probably do about $450-500 shipped. it all depends on what price I can pick up used ones here for. remember this is units only with bearings. shims will be extra $30 from Kaaz Korea. 10 brand new shims in one package.

right now I have one on hold, but theres another one that popped up on the korean boards i'm gonna go try to pick up.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
don't think it's a huge pain for install. i mean, it seems like it's just like any other lsd install. drain fluid, unbolt mount, pop out the half shafts from the pumpkin, cover, clamps, take old unit out, take off gear ring, put gear ring on lsd, pop lsd back in, check backlashing, adjust shims, clamp, cover, halfshafts, and fluids with lsd additive. if you've done an lsd before, it's the same process really. I asked some of the mechanics here, and they say all half shafts are the same size, so i don't think you need new ones. just the unit.

depending on some of the used ones that pop up every now and then on the korean boards. I can probably do about $450-500 shipped. it all depends on what price I can pick up used ones here for. remember this is units only with bearings. shims will be extra $30 from Kaaz Korea. 10 brand new shims in one package.

right now I have one on hold, but theres another one that popped up on the korean boards i'm gonna go try to pick up.
I'm so glad you're with us :D
I just need to save up some cash and resist buying anything else..
Only if I didn't need to buy textbooks that cost me 500~700 per term... :wtc:

Thanks for looking into it! Now I know what to expect
감사합니다! :)

·
Work in Progress
6,496 Posts
I can swing $500 for a used Kaaz. We talking 1.5 or 2 way?

I still haven't got a straight answer if I can really see any benefit in an automatic

·
It is not red. Not red..
5,706 Posts
Analog (or anyone else) is it possible to get the 3.8 track pumpkin for around that price range?

I don't have the technical or mechanical skills (or the tools) to swap the inards, but I could probably manage a direct pumpkin swap.

·
거침없는 크럿&
376 Posts
this is strictly factory torsen lsd's i'm talkin about. used kaaz's still go here for around $800. every now and then i'll see one for $600.

sorry, can't ship a pumpkin, not for that price range. i don't see any way i can ship it out. the size and weight of it alone will make shipping over $200. and i haven't even seen used housings for sale and new ones cost too much.

·
It is not red. Not red..
5,706 Posts
Gotcha, looks like I'll need to find an owner who wants to swap over beer, or find a wrecker.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts