Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Chris
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that all the Canadian coupes came with the OEM HIDs? If this is correct, then all of Canada could get in on this. In short, I had a local customer who was supposed to provide me with HID lights weeks ago. I was going to build their tail lights and headlights, custom to spec, with about 700+ dollars in free labor for the build. Long story short, things took too long, and I'm out of time.

So I'm offering the same thing to you guys. I only need 2 pairs of HID lights, meaning only 2 people will get in on this offer while I'm down for it. Here's the deal:

I'm offering a set of custom lights in trade for your OEM HIDs. The custom lights will have true HID Bi-Xenon Projectors. This could mean either the stock projector only is replaced with the Bi-Xenon setup, or all 4 bulbs could be replaced with the Bi-Xenon Projectors, making a Quad setup. Here are some pics to give you ideas:

The bottom two images are Quad Bi-Xenon, so they have a total of 4 HID low beams, and 4 HID high beams.

If you want to upgrade from OEM HIDs, to Bi-Xenon HIDs, and not bother with the dual projectors, that's absolutely fine. If you have OEM HIDs, and would like to have the Quad Bi-Xenon setup, that's fine too. Just post here, PM, or Call, and we'll find a solution. You WILL lose your Auto Adjust motor function regardless, which will aim your lights lower if the back of your car is loaded down (in turn raising the front of the car). How valuable that feature is, I'm sure varies case by case, but I wanted to be very clear about that up front. You'll basically be trading light output for something that only comes into play when you load down the back of your car.

If you're interested in getting your HIDs worked on, that's fine too, but I'm in a big need of getting some HID cores, so please if interested, just hit me up. Thanks so much!

·
Hyundai Parts Employee
1,542 Posts
Hey,

Just a heads up, I can get the HID sub assemblies (everything but the motor and ballast). They are priced pretty cheap, the MSRPs are as cheap as the halogens are.

·
Chris
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do still need at least 1 extra set. I will be getting one set soon, but I need a set NOW, so the sooner somebody jumps on this the better, ESPECIALLY if you're local!

·
Chris
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Keep the PMs and comments coming! The more lights I have to work with, the more I can handle multiple jobs at once. I'd like to have at the very least, 5 pairs of each style :)

·
Chris
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, I just found a local customer to swap his OEM HIDs, for Halogen based, Bi-Xenon Headlights. I'll do a full writeup on the process and get some great photos before and after. I'll go to a local building at night and find a spot to park that I can come back to after the swap, and get some good beam pattern pics from different distances. Then I'll come back to the same spot to get comparison shots with the new Bi-Xenon Headlights.

Just to clarify, these will not be dual projector headlights. They'll simply have the stock projectors removed, and replaced with the Bi-Xenon HID projectors with my adapter plates that make them bolt on. I just got a bunch of plates cut so I can offer these units for sale by themselves. This write up should really help sell the projectors and adapter plates!

If anyone else has spare headlights, damaged, scratched, etc. PLEASE hit me up. By next month I'll have 2 tail lights, 2 Halogens, and 2 OEM HID units in rotation for my core swaps. Any help is much appreciated!

·
Chris
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm editing pics of the whole thing today, and taking orders now :) Wait till the thread goes up, and you'll see the magic in these things!

·
Slurpee
1,740 Posts
So this swap would be good for people with r-spec models, correct?

·
Chris
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Put it this way bro, the car I'm about to post about came with HIDs stock. He swapped out his stock Xenon projectors for these Bi-Xenon Projectors. In short, this is super good for everyone.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts