Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
13 2.0T
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having to replace my slave so I said might as well replace what I can since the car just hit 90,000 miles.

SO
:

I'm looking at XClutch HYUNDAI GENESIS COUPE 2.0L inc. SMF+CSC, SPRUNG CUSHION BUTTON CERAMIC 2010-2014 - on sale for $1000 at genracer

Initially I was like nah, because I never heard of the brand and I was initially looking for a stage 2 or 3 CC clutch kit or something, but flywheel, slave, bearings, etc i'd be paying well over $100 for everything. What got me is that the XClutch kit is made in the US. Has a 12mo/12,000 warranty. I've also found many reviews on other car forums that say good things about the brand. Haven't found any negative reviews. Just can't find any genesis coupe reviews. Plus this kit comes with everything I need! It is the most complete kit out there.

I like to slide the car around a lot. I am seriously rough on that clutch... So I want something that will engage very quickly. I want to be able to kick the clutch and lose traction.

So, the XClutch Kit Includes (As listed on the site):

-Heavy duty cover (20% increase in clamping force)
-cushioned ceramic friction disc
-4140 chromoly flywheel
-replacement hydraulic release bearing
-flywheel bolts
-cover bolts
-pilot bearing
-alignment tool

I like this as it comes with everything. I purchased a cheap ebay clutch kit not long ago. that I tried putting in but clutch disk was just a little thicker than stock and Ended up destroying a brand new slave. This was a month ago. I'm sure that has something to do with my slave going out again, even though I just swapped the old stuff back in less than 10miles later.

I don't want to get burned like that again.

Also I don't want a stock clutch setup only because it feels way to soft for me. The only play I get is after the pedal is down like 30% of the way and doesn't fully engage until you're really down there. I want something stiffer and harder and engages early. Not much traffic where I live so stop and go is not an issue.

ANYWAYS then khartunez has a Competition Clutch Stage 2 Kit $860

DEETZ:

Hyundai Genesis Coupe Competition Clutch PERFORMANCE CLUTCH KIT SCC Stage 2 Steelback Brass Plus

Includes Light Weight Flywheel

This assembly provides an estimated 80% increase in torque capacity and is properly suited for aggressive street use and moderate track use. The Carbon Kevlar material with its alloy backing matched to a performance pressure plate will provide smooth engagement and extended life. 500 mile break-in highly recommended with this set-up. 300 mile break-in REQUIRED with this set-up. (Some kits may not be supplied with all pieces. Please verify with Competition Clutch before ordering).

The 2100 Series kit include:
-Performance pressure plate
-High torque sprung disc with antiburst steel backed Carbon Kevlar facings
-all applicable bearings
-and the appropriate alignment tool

What is all applicable bearings? I just need the pilot bearing. Also does not come with a slave or new bolts for the cover and housing. With the slave my total goes up to $1000.

Also I plan on getting an upgraded clutch line and replace the clutch master cylinder.

·
Registered
15' 380GT BK2 M/T Caspian Black ;P
48 Posts
What did you end up getting? I need to get a new clutch and I got my eyes on the XClutch stage 1 kit on genracer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts