Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, As stated once before new to the forum.

Now, the issue. I picked up my car on friday, tried to setup the 3 month XM trial.

I tried this 5 more times, in between each time calling XM techies who love to talk down to people, and still no tunes.

So i ask, wtf does it take to get it to run?

·
///H Power
866 Posts
If your account is active you need to refresh your radio. XM Satellite Radio Canada You need to do this and turn your car on with XM radio running. It should take about 10-20 min or so for your radio to receive the activation signal.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Hey guys, As stated once before new to the forum.

Now, the issue. I picked up my car on friday, tried to setup the 3 month XM trial.

I tried this 5 more times, in between each time calling XM techies who love to talk down to people, and still no tunes.

So i ask, wtf does it take to get it to run?
If I were you I would bring it to the dealership or atleast call them if you just got the car on friday. Mine was working and already set up for me the day I picked it up and your dealership should have done the same. :shake:

EDIT: djhaose seems to have you covered.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive tried djhaoses advice. lol. over the weekend.

i took it in today and they said they would call the xm sales rep....

tomorrow i take it back to get undercoated, paint treated etc. at the same time the tech is gonna check to see if there is perhaps a electrical issue.

if there is, i intend to drive the car through their front window.

·
Miss Thread Derailer
2,975 Posts
If you've done the radio "refresh" then it's something to do on XM's end.

I deal with Sirius in the Subaru's and for some reason it's been taking 72 hours or longer to get the signal sent...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, the dealer is ordering another stereo. perhaps that will solve it as the techs didnt find anything wrong with it

·
Miss Thread Derailer
2,975 Posts
Gah, stupid XM..

I can't be of more assistance. If it was Sirius, I'd have my rep fix that in a heartbeat for ya :p

Did you get the correct radio ID #? Off of the radio itself?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, i was actuallly sitting in the car when i tried to refresh it, and the techs at the shop tried as well, no luck.

so meh, i wait till it get swapped and my trial better start at that point lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts