Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
XXR 527 18" - Best Offset/Width recommendation?

XXR 527 Wheels - Brand new rims for 2011

I will be using my 225/245 stock 18" tires, stock suspension

1) 8.75 or 9.75 Width
2) 20 or 30+ Offset

Which setting should I go for, for the best looks?:dunno:

Since no one in this forum seems to have these rims yet I'll be the first to try and will take lots of pics as I install them in March!!:)

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
What is the width and offset of your stock wheels and then we can calculate how much wider it will end up?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
18x8.5's in the back. Front and rear run a 35 offset according to google search

What is the width and offset of your stock wheels and then we can calculate how much wider it will end up?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
In the rear if you bought the 9.75" w/ 30 offset that would move your rim out from it's current position (9.75-8.5= 1.25/2= .625" + 5mm similiar to .2" = .825" So your rear wheel would be moved out .825" from it's current position. That would be pretty aggresive but not overly so. The 20 offset would just move the rim out an additional 10mm and would be overly aggresive for a stock suspension GC.

You didn't list your front specs so I can't calculate for the front.

I don't do stretched tires but you can create similiar measurements to get an idea where your tire would end up but I'll say this, w/o a drop stretched tires is going to look silly.

I think it would be a great use of money to buy a set of stock Track suspension and sway bars and install it at the same time. Small investment for a much better stance and handling package. In fact I would do that before I bought the rims.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have to stick with Stock because I drive over 30 000km /year. Track would kill my ride

Upon further research stock fronts are: "18x7.5 +35 offset front and 18x8 +35 rear"

So you're suggesting I go with 35 offset and 9.75 for both front and back on my XXR?

In the rear if you bought the 9.75" w/ 30 offset that would move your rim out from it's current position (9.75-8.5= 1.25/2= .625" + 5mm similiar to .2" = .825" So your rear wheel would be moved out .825" from it's current position. That would be pretty aggresive but not overly so. The 20 offset would just move the rim out an additional 10mm and would be overly aggresive for a stock suspension GC.

You didn't list your front specs so I can't calculate for the front.

I don't do stretched tires but you can create similiar measurements to get an idea where your tire would end up but I'll say this, w/o a drop stretched tires is going to look silly.

I think it would be a great use of money to buy a set of stock Track suspension and sway bars and install it at the same time. Small investment for a much better stance and handling package. In fact I would do that before I bought the rims.

·
Orange Fogs
548 Posts
XXR 527 18" - Best Offset/Width recommendation?

XXR 527 Wheels - Brand new rims for 2011

I will be using my 225/245 stock 18" tires, stock suspension

1) 8.75 or 9.75 Width
2) 20 or 30+ Offset

Which setting should I go for, for the best looks?:dunno:

Since no one in this forum seems to have these rims yet I'll be the first to try and will take lots of pics as I install them in March!!:)
Did you proceed with the XXR527, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Orange Fogs
548 Posts
Need opinion on rim width and offset!

I will rebump this thread considering i have the same inquiries for the same type of rim:

I need some advice, i did some research already but need opinion or ideas from you guys.

Planning to get an XXR 527 Bronze with the setup and options below:
- Use Stock 18" tires (F:225X45X18, R:245X45X18)
- Use Stock suspension
. Considering i will drive my car ~600km per week, so as of now no plans to change the suspension.
- NON brembo brakes

Rim width and offset:
Option A:
Front: 18X8.75 Offset +35
Rear: 18X9.75 Offset +35

Option B:
Front: 18X8.75 Offset +20
Rear: 18X9.75 Offset +20

For Option A:
It will extend ~14mm (position of the outside edge of the wheel) if compared with the stock rims. But its 18mm less (inner clearance).
based from this tool: Wheel Offset Calculator

For Option B:
it will be more agressive.

Questions:
- Is the comfort in driving with those width will be the same considering the tires will be stretch a bit?
- Based on Option A, is there enough space between the wheel and the strut housing?
- On Option B, does these size will create some problem considering i will be using stock suspension.
- Fitment on Genesis -- looks???

I need help on this, considering i will getting these rims online, its hard to return it if it doesnt work.

If anyone has the same size and offset, sharing your experience is very much appreciate.

thanks,

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
here are some photos with +20 offset 235/35/18 and 265/35/18 rear

·
Orange Fogs
548 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
thanks for sharing.
are you using a stock suspension?
yes, and 8.75 front and 9.75 rear ...if your not running wide tires , I would just get 4 X 8.75 with 20+ offsets.

I will scrape on the drive way if I lower the car so I am still on the side lines until the stock suspensions wears out.:)

·
Orange Fogs
548 Posts
it looks good...i like it..
how do you like it so far?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I like em , I saved 7+ lbs per wheels and tires per corner, almost 30lbs total.

Faster turns fasterand much fun to drive because its easier to make the car spin. LOL

just by going with 35 side wall, the car is 0.5" lower to the ground , more noise but better handling while keeping the OEM geometry.

·
Orange Fogs
548 Posts
I like em , I saved 7+ lbs per wheels and tires per corner, almost 30lbs total.

Faster turns fasterand much fun to drive because its easier to make the car spin. LOL

just by going with 35 side wall, the car is 0.5" lower to the ground , more noise but better handling while keeping the OEM geometry.
Good to know that..
I am planning to use my stock tires, hopefully it will not stretch too much.

thanks for the info...

·
Registered
603 Posts
Had these on my 240sx 9.75" 215/40 all around if IIRC. These wheels definitely do not suit the genesis as theyre not big or wide enough if youre worried about half decent fitment, as you can tell from the pics posted. The fender gap is ridiculous.

Sent from my Nexus S using AutoGuide.Com Free

·
Orange Fogs
548 Posts
The fender gap is ridiculous.
fender gap is quite big due to the tire sidewall used (based on the picture and tire size above). it is smaller by ~1.4" overall diameter compared to the stock size.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Had these on my 240sx 9.75" 215/40 all around if IIRC. These wheels definitely do not suit the genesis as theyre not big or wide enough if youre worried about half decent fitment, as you can tell from the pics posted. The fender gap is ridiculous.

Sent from my Nexus S using AutoGuide.Com Free
I know about prefer fitment , some people like slam down look at cost of scraping the GC and handling . I have in My garage full set of KW V3 coilovers, CKS coilovers , and "PRO" line spring already installed on track suspension readily for final install on GC when the time comes. I am in for least 10+ years of GC ownership. I like to take my time and enjoy the currant set up and wait for for lower center balance "KIT" when ever it can be made for 18" wheels.
I just received a motor mount from cpe to enjoy what GC could do just by stiffing motor movement. I am trying to get most performance for the money for street use by reducing weight and quicker response from engine. I bought My car in 2009 because I like the look and it came with decent engine. I own H2 and Nissan Murano, GC is My low cost "fun" car that I will keep for long time while I learn about modding a car , + this car is a fun hobby project for me learn on for next few years since I could always increase the engine power in future as the "KITS" become available at fair prices.

·
Don't fake the funk
1,268 Posts
You say you know about proper fitment.

Yet you bought XXR's that are too small for the car.

I'm confused.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
You say you know about proper fitment.

Yet you bought XXR's that are too small for the car.

I'm confused.
\

its 18" wheels for XXR 527 , its same size as oem as base. Its a prefer size for someone looking for performance and less weight while able to fit BBK or Brinbo brakes.

What wheels size would you recommend for better performance and weight at decent prices ? :confused:

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
I plan on getting these rims very soon in the 18" size. I want the riims to land flush with the fender, my car is lowered and I drift the car, will option B be ok? or should I go with option A?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I plan on getting these rims very soon in the 18" size. I want the riims to land flush with the fender, my car is lowered and I drift the car, will option B be ok? or should I go with option A?
if your asking about the which offset to buy....always go with +20 offsets. even 18x9.75 +20 weights around 21.5lbs which is pretty respectable.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts