Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Pillager's alter ego!
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving down the interstate when the car hauler in front dropped a large piece of something onto the road. I avoided it as best I could but still caught the right front wheel and part of the bumper. I've never hit anything like I did today. After the impact I thought it would have been in way worse shape along with the rest of the car. So far the only noticeable damage is the wheel and tire on the right front and part of the bumper. Taking it in on Monday to have it looked over. The cop said he thought it was part of the drive shaft that came off the truck. May have been because the truck pulled to the side right after it dropped off. It took out 3 additional cars as well. All I could manage to say was f*** when I realized I was not gonna be able to swerve the entire object...

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
are those the 526s?

glad to hear everything is alright.

BTW same exact thing happened to my girlfriend. I had to rush out and change her tire, and another old lady's (took out two other cars)

We just received the check from the truck drivers insurance company for a measly $212 (she drives an acura TL) only damage was her tire. I'm going to file a supplemental claim and get her alignment paid for too.

OH PS. Was it a Ryder vehicle? His drive shaft also fell off. with only 20k miles on the odometer

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Holy SH** man so sorry to hear that I hate hearing that ppl have something happen like this.

·
Pillager's alter ego!
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
are those the 526s?

glad to hear everything is alright.

BTW same exact thing happened to my girlfriend. I had to rush out and change her tire, and another old lady's (took out two other cars)

We just received the check from the truck drivers insurance company for a measly $212 (she drives an acura TL) only damage was her tire. I'm going to file a supplemental claim and get her alignment paid for too.

OH PS. Was it a Ryder vehicle? His drive shaft also fell off. with only 20k miles on the odometer
They are the 006s. It was some private auto transporter I think and the truck looked like it wasn't that well cared for. Best part was no one was injured.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
if i was you make sure you push for more then just money for your tire.....who knows what could be wrong after an impact like that...your alignment, suspension parts could be bent, if any body part is scratched....get all of it paid for. sad to hear this happened to you.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Have your car thoroughly inspected for damage. This is very unfortunate - on the good side you are alive and the drive shaft or whatever it was did not come through your windshield.
G

·
The OG
7,957 Posts
Yeah man, try and milk it as much as possible... but overall, we're just glad you're ok.

·
Use the F'n Search Button
4,280 Posts
when I saw this thread, I thought it was going to be a bash on XXR rim quality, and how if they were Volks there would be no damage. :p

Be thankful that sh!t didnt go through the windshield.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Thank god the wheel is the extent of it...

Road debris sucks, ever seen a strut completely snap? Happened to me last summer, I ran over some HUGE unavoidable metal object. Literally almost died, I called 311 to have them send someone to remove it before some one else hits it and loses control.. It sat there another 4 days

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Looks like you got out of that pretty lucky. XXR wheel held up pretty good too. Road debris has been the cause of all the damage to my last 3 cars. No accidents with cars but I've had people hit constructions cones making them fly into my bumper, a piece of sheet metal in my lane ripped paint of my bumper, a box flew out of the back of a truck, etc. Debris can be just as dangerous as cars, IMHO. Glad you made it out ok.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts