Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There's a couple threads around about the roof rack but no one seems to have one. I decided to take the plunge and get it as I've started to get into cycling and need a method of transporting my road bike. Sure I could throw it in the back, but if a buddy wants to roll, I can't fit two in there.

Anyways here's the pics. Hopefully the useful for those who are interested in carrying more cargo. :)

If you have questions, ask away.

Installed

Matching the RSPEC

Bike Mounted

Side View

The reason for it all. Fuji Team Full carbon frame, shimano 105 groupo

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. The gen coupe needs the newer Q tower set though. I forget which specifically, but its not the older ones.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yakima rack looks good on the r-spec, can you share how much it cost?

·
Registered
526 Posts
ive been thinking about getting one too, in for more details. does this also work for snow boards?

·
Work in Progress
6,496 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got it @ REI with one viper bike mount. With CA taxes it came out to $63X.XX. Good thing about REI and being a member - 10% back on the purchase PLUS lifetime, no questions asked return policy. I was really on the fence because I feel that it's a lot for a rack, but the lifetime return policy sealed the deal for me.

You can build the entire setup on yakimas website

Q clips #46 (i think?)
Newer Q Towers
58" cross bars
50" fairing
SKS locks 6x pack
1x Viper bike mount, I'll probably get another this week.

I also want to get a basket! hahaha

The rack will work with *most of the attachments. So snowboards, skis, baskets, cargo boxes etc should be fine. The ones that it won't work with are anything that needs a lot of room between the roof and the bar. The majority of the stuff is fine.

I will say, it was a little nerve wrecking mounting this up to my 3 day old car. Great part about this cars setup is that the rubber weather strips on the door edge allow the Q clips to be installed without touching the paint. I was a little uneasy about the Q towers though. I tried to make sure there wasn't anything underneath them before mounting.

·
Registered
350 Posts
can u take some picture on the mounting point of the rack to the car? i recently got into road cycling too, and is should a pain in the rear end to pack my bike in the trunk...
and how much does the whole rack weight?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Looks very nice!

I too have a Fuji road bike as well (2006 Team Pro w/ Dura Ace Zipp SLss handle bar and SL Stem swap), to bad I got hit by a van while ridding it. *sigh*

·
Registered
131 Posts
I got it @ REI with one viper bike mount. With CA taxes it came out to $63X.XX. Good thing about REI and being a member - 10% back on the purchase PLUS lifetime, no questions asked return policy. I was really on the fence because I feel that it's a lot for a rack, but the lifetime return policy sealed the deal for me.

You can build the entire setup on yakimas website

Q clips #46 (i think?)
Newer Q Towers
58" cross bars
50" fairing
SKS locks 6x pack
1x Viper bike mount, I'll probably get another this week.

I will say, it was a little nerve wrecking mounting this up to my 3 day old car. Great part about this cars setup is that the rubber weather strips on the door edge allow the Q clips to be installed without touching the paint. I was a little uneasy about the Q towers though. I tried to make sure there wasn't anything underneath them before mounting.
Thanks for the info! I'll stop by REI and check it out. If I get rid of my Land Rover I'll need a way to get my mtb around.

·
Registered
70 Posts
That looks really good! I was wondering what it would look like with a rack.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts