Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Should I paint my Calipers KW? Or a light Purple?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Yes, but opt for purple instead?

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Paint my brembo brake calipers white to match the body color? Or even a nice purple?

Edit a purple like this

·
Registered
464 Posts
If you really want to get it done, get it done right and get them powdercoated.

But honestly the factory Red Brembos look fine the way they are. If the paint job turns out ghetto it will look like one of them BBK wannabes out there, and the ironic part is you DO have big brakes.

·
4th color - 4th wheels
8,829 Posts
I say do the purple. Although most of the cars I've seen locally that have re-powdercoated calipers have purple lol.... I may redo my yellow ones in the future with a different color...

·
The OG
7,957 Posts
I say giver on purple.

·
Meet Organizer
1,399 Posts
I'd stick with the OEM red.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input guys! I didn't realize a white caliper would show more dirt, which poses as a negative.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Red always works....on just about every color car red seems to stand out nicely. stick with it.

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
purple looks great! if you do it make sure to get it done right though or itll look pretty half assed
& only if you have a fair amount of other purple items on your car to collaborate.....BOV, WGA, etc

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
True... but you won't see those things unless you're parked with your hood up. I think it will look good on a white car.
I think will look OK on a white car, but I was thinking more of collaboration for shows etc.

·
I keep it dirty and nerdy
1,525 Posts
If you drive the car hard enough, those red brembos will turn purple. Mine are already less red and more of a red/purple. :p

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,107 Posts
I have your same white car, man. I'm thinkin of powder coating the calipers too. I'm lame, though, and I'm in for gold or black. Gold will be a bitch, IMO. If you're headed for metallic silver wheels I'd go with purple, I guess. However, if the wheels will be any other color... stick with red, silver, or black. White car, black wheels, silver rotor, and a purple caliper all sounds a bit busy. Am I wrong?

·
Use the F'n Search Button
4,280 Posts
White Calipers? They would look gray/dirty after 3-4 days. Do you really want to have to clean them that much?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts