Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all, I know I should probably be posting in the new members area, but I figured since my questions are mostly about performance, I should post here. I don't own a GC yet, but I drove a 2013 2.0 today, and was very impressed. The car is sexy as none other, and is a fairly strong runner. I'm coming from an IS350, which is a fast car, I can attest to the 13.5 stock quarter mile claim. The gearing is what enables them to do such a quick time stock for what they are. Be that as it may, they have very little in the form of aftermarket options.
1. I want a car that can run a mid to high 12 (I'd be happy with a 12.8 or so), so I would like to know what would get me there, and how much would it cost? I know that isn't exactly easy with these cars, but humor me.
2. Would going with a 2012 model or earlier be an easier route? (3.8 or 2.0, it doesn't matter)
3. If using the turbo, would there be a loud BOV sound with the power level I want?
4. Will the dealerships be able to detect the tune?
Thank you in advance, for all the answers. Also, anyone on this forum live near me? I live in a small town East of Dallas, Tx.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
all these questions can be found on the forum search

"yet another performance thread that is going to be locked"

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
I think it would be easier with a pre face lift 2010-2012 car. Tuning is fairly accessible and aftermarket turbo options are plentiful.

·
2012 3.8 Track ZF-6-SPD
2,925 Posts
Get a 1st gen 2.0T, 3.8 requires more than bolt ons for the power you seek.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help. I'll look at some of the threads on tuning the 2.0's to 300-325whp. In hindsight, I see that most of the questions could have been gleamed from other threads, my apologies, I realize how annoying redundancy is.

·
Registered
145 Posts
They can detect the tune, and void your warranty. So It's best to get an extra ecu if you get a canned tune. So you can swap from your oem to tuned when going to the dealership. If your tuning through a reflash module. Then you can just reflash it back to stock before you go to a dealer, and you are set.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.