Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Sexiest White Genesis !
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Im in a bit of a predicament. I had a zenclosure box before, 2 10"s. i didnt like it cuz the space was too small for two 10's. I scraped the old system, and bought a fi q 12 for like 400 (im selling it also, only a couple months old) i had to take my spare out just so i could fit the bOx, and then i got a flat in PA (2 hrs away from where i live in jersey), and had to get my car towed and allthis bullshit. So, im kinda leaning towards a zenclosure again, but a 10" for one sub, so i can mount my amp on the other side n still be able to use my trunk n keep my spare n everything.

Anyone have any expierence with how a sealed 10 sounds in that box. Also, can you tell me what kind of sub u have.

·
Registered
374 Posts
i have 2 10" infinity subwoofers ive used them in my ported box for my truck and took them out to put them in the Zenclosure box.. at first i was unhappy with the sound i was not used to a sealed box and how it sounded. after tweaking my amp a bunch of times, disconnecting the stock subwoofer and making all the rattles go away i have gotten used to my 10s in the zenclosure. It actually sounds pretty good now.. also i keep my back seat halfway down leaning on the front seats. all i can say is if your like me, take your time, tweak it as many times as you need till your happy and give it a week or two to get used to.

·
Sexiest White Genesis !
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol i hate kicker. But im good, i have a 12". But 12"s take up too much room. The zen closure fits all the way in the back, i still have the whole trunk to use

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
the air space of the Zenclosure is perfect for the Boston Acoustics G3 10, it only needs .55cf i have one on a ported box but im thinking on getting another one and a Zenclosure or build my own

·
Registered
29 Posts
Zenclosure

I'm actually interested in getting a zenclosure as well. Let me know how the 1 10" goes. I was thinking about 1 12", but is that going to take up too much room? I was thinking it would be fine after taking out the stock 8" sub. Also, I'm thinking about just getting a converter for my stock head unit. Has anyone used one instead of forking out the money for a new deck. I'm just looking for some additional bass. Nothing extreme, but something that sounds clean. Anyway, any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Sr. Lifetime Prem. Member
428 Posts
Ok. Im in a bit of a predicament. I had a zenclosure box before, 2 10"s. i didnt like it cuz the space was too small for two 10's. I scraped the old system, and bought a fi q 12 for like 400 (im selling it also, only a couple months old) i had to take my spare out just so i could fit the bOx, and then i got a flat in PA (2 hrs away from where i live in jersey), and had to get my car towed and allthis bullshit. So, im kinda leaning towards a zenclosure again, but a 10" for one sub, so i can mount my amp on the other side n still be able to use my trunk n keep my spare n everything.

Anyone have any expierence with how a sealed 10 sounds in that box. Also, can you tell me what kind of sub u have.
Go to my gallery and check out my set up; still have my spare and trunk space with the sound vented into the passenger cabin instead of going into the trunk...

·
428 Posts
Is that a custom made box? Its niiiice. Do u have a back seat, or how do you get sound in the cabin?
THANKS! Yep, custom made, sub in the middle and amps on the sides of the sub. Still have the full back seat, and these pics show how the sound is vented into the passenger compartment instead of going into the trunk; it's where the stock subwoofer was.:bigthumbup:

http://www.gencoupe.com/members/21781-bumboclotgcoupe-album655-my-mirabeau-blue-baby-picture6427-sub-vented-trunk-rear-panel-pacific-stereo-woodland-hills.html

http://www.gencoupe.com/members/21781-bumboclotgcoupe-album655-my-mirabeau-blue-baby-picture6523-sub-vented-trunk-rear-panel-finished-pacific-stereo-woodland-hills.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
THANKS! Yep, custom made, sub in the middle and amps on the sides of the sub. Still have the full back seat, and these pics show how the sound is vented into the passenger compartment instead of going into the trunk; it's where the stock subwoofer was.:bigthumbup:
You wouldnt happen to have the dimensions of that custom box would you?

·
428 Posts
Sorry Lee, unfortunately not; and the place that did it is now out of business. :(

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have a ton of experience working with both sealed and ported boxes for this car. If you want to keep your spare and jack then 2 10s sealed, 2 12s sealed , 1 10 ported or 2 10s ported or even 1 12 ported will work. Personally i loved the way my 2 12 jl w3v3 sealed sounded off of 1000rms. I now am running 1 2500rms 12 but had to remove spare and jack. From experience i will tell you your max height for any style box will be 13.5 inches tall. Depth will be around 16 or less. Width will be 32 or less. If you want to keep spare then 13.5 tall x 28 to 30 width x 14 or 15 depth is max id aim for.

Not sure how much of a basshead you are so a single 10 or 12 sealed in 1 cube or less may work out for you. You can get 250 to 2500rms single subs that will work sealed. Theres so many options to choose from. Again, i loved the way jl w3s and w6s sounded sealed in this car.

Out of all the cars ive had, the genesis is by far the worst when it comes to getting loud and nice bass. The design of the trunk is so poor.

Another great option is to scrap the 8 inch factory sub and make the hole bigger and drop in a 12 or 15 in its place. But make sure its designed to be played free air like the factory sub. Then you will really be in business!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I

I have one 10 in my Zenclosure and its fine for rear fill but you will need two 10s for Rap and Dance music.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts