Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Chapter 11 Section 62
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was in the area. Decided to stop in and pick their brains. They have a "mandrell"? Machine and the ability to make kits easily and quickly after the initial 2-3day build. I know nothing about this but apparently they just did a velostar turbo and if the demand is there he'd love to do a full kit on the genesis. I get mine the 23rd and I was wondering what y'all thought. I could bring mine in and he'd give me a smoking deal he said on the initial build. Just curious if there'd be demand or what kind of kit u guys would like to see? He was just telling me of a 13 stang that came all the way from NYC for the same thing. I was thiinking full turbo back kit but I dunno. Really I'm lost here but I thought the idea of something local if it's kickass would be cool. I dunno thoughts? Suggestions? Or if this is a good idea what would some of u experts recommend? All I care if it's the best exhaust for btr to take advantage of while tuning. And that I get ddual exit.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Boost addict
419 Posts
Honestly, there are so many exhaust options already out for the Genesis that it would need to be really cheap for people to buy a no-name brand exhaust.

·
Registered
784 Posts
that might be, but having a local shop do it will get rid of the extra duty/customs fees that we have to pay to get one shipped to Canada. Mind you i have my TurboXS one already delivered but others might be interested.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Honestly, there are so many exhaust options already out for the Genesis that it would need to be really cheap for people to buy a no-name brand exhaust.
If they are using a Mandrel system and stainless pipes as long as the work is good it will perform just as well as a aftermarket pre-built exhaust system.

The main science about a Mandrel bend vs crush is that it will stop any down sizing of the tubes as it bends creating more airflow.

Mandrel Myths-Mandrel Bending vs Pressure Bending check this page out for more information if interested.

·
Chapter 11 Section 62
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well these guys are very well known as a beyond amazing exhaust shop. I just thought it might be interesting as a local southern Ontario option. I think I may go for it. From what they were talking about, eliminating drone, tuning for a low throaty sound. Only thing is how the hell am I going to survive without my new car for 2-3days.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Sure there are lots of other options out there, but not much locally. The tax and duty saved over ordering from the US would be great.

The exhausts built by them are under the brand Solo Performance and very high quality from what Ive seen. Mostly all domestic muscle/trucks, but it looks like they are expanding. I have 2 co-workers with the catbacks (Camaro and a Charger) and they are both extremely happy with catbacks. It also looks like most of their catbacks are under $1000 too.

I emailed the owner and asked about potential Genesis kits. I'll keep you guys informed.

Performance Exhaust Systems, Exhaust Tips for Camaro, Ford F150, Dodge Challenger | Stainless Steel Exhausts and Aftermarket Exhaust Systems

·
Chapter 11 Section 62
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya i mean to get back to you on who i talked to at zoro Dumer, had to rush out on a quick trip back and forth to Winnipeg and left the card behind. he stapled two cards together, he said to call and make sure both him and his lead design/install guy were gonna be there, they said they'd love to pop it up on a hoist and look around underneath. you've got a 2.0t as well right? you should swing by. might work out well that u emailed the owner, the guy i talked to said he was "gonna check with his boss and see if demand is there and maybee do a kit" if they do a kit whoever gets it done first gets the "smoking deal" lol

·
Captain Awesomesauce
2,743 Posts
WeirTech is local and I wouldn't call him no-name brand. No customs/duties, local (Burlington), lifetime warranty, awesome welds, Vibrant parts. Pretty win.

There's also GT customs but I haven't been to them. They did up Rev's turbo kit for his 3.8.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I was under the impression the Weir had closed the big shop and was only making smaller parts.

Regardless, its still nice to have options.

·
Captain Awesomesauce
2,743 Posts
Iunno. I heard he closed teh shop too so I emailed him. He never mentioned anything about not making exhausts and stuff. He's definitely still in business but that's all I know. I blame the 3.8s lol

·
Registered
753 Posts
Just bought a downpipe off them today, I believe that Aaron is out of the sales side but is still making the parts, or something along those lines.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts