LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 6291 Old 09-04-2009
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrum2loud View Post
If your not willing to buy new tires, dont waste the $ on new rims. The whole point of buying rims is to give the car a more aggressive look and improve performance right? Wider is better, etc. etc....plus, there are way better tires out there than whats on the car stock.

Spacers.....why? You should have gotten a lower offset...no reason to run anything higher anything in the +20 range. Look at the first post, Grimm's car has Front 19x8.5 +15 w/ 245/35/19 tires and Rear 19x10 +20 w/ 275/30/19 tires...and fitment is GREAT....now, your running 18's...so that means you can fit something even more aggressive, and by looking at that pic, his wheels fit flush and aren't crazy....with coilovers slammed with some camber they would clear fine.

You should have gotten these on all 4 corners....
18x9.5 +20.....they have the deepest face in those wheels...DEEP TYPE 3!!!!..mmmm...right now your deep type 1 upfront, type 2 in the rear....so unbalanced looking!

...and WHY did you stagger. There are so many reasons why not to run staggered wheels. 1, you cant rotate, so have fun buying new tires soon. 2, your front will understeer more now than ever, simply because the rear has a wider track and will literally push the car through a corner, and 3, it looks lame.

If you want wheels to fit on your car, make them fit! God made hammers and baseball bats to roll and pull fenders with!

And also, i ran spacers for years drifting and on my daily driver....and i noticed something, wheel bearings pooping out on me after like half a year. Wheel spacers put stress on the entire hub assembly and dont allow the wheel to actually be mounted flush to the hub itself. A lot of cheap spacers have uneven surfaces that result in uneven tire wear, noise, and bad bearings. Be careful, and just order wheels that have a nice offset. IF anything, order something you think is a little much, chances are with some camber and the right tire choice, they will more than likely fit perfect.

Just some info from my past experiences.
WOW. Thats an opinion. I have ran spacers for years. No problem. Also these were the wheels I wanted. There wasn't much of an offset choice. Plus other reasons. Too each his own. Everybody good luck on whatever choice you make
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 6291 Old 09-04-2009

Quote:
If your not willing to buy new tires, dont waste the $ on new rims. The whole point of buying rims is to give the car a more aggressive look and improve performance right? Wider is better, etc. etc....plus, there are way better tires out there than whats on the car stock.

Spacers.....why? You should have gotten a lower offset...no reason to run anything higher anything in the +20 range. Look at the first post, Grimm's car has Front 19x8.5 +15 w/ 245/35/19 tires and Rear 19x10 +20 w/ 275/30/19 tires...and fitment is GREAT....now, your running 18's...so that means you can fit something even more aggressive, and by looking at that pic, his wheels fit flush and aren't crazy....with coilovers slammed with some camber they would clear fine.

You should have gotten these on all 4 corners....
18x9.5 +20.....they have the deepest face in those wheels...DEEP TYPE 3!!!!..mmmm...right now your deep type 1 upfront, type 2 in the rear....so unbalanced looking!

...and WHY did you stagger. There are so many reasons why not to run staggered wheels. 1, you cant rotate, so have fun buying new tires soon. 2, your front will understeer more now than ever, simply because the rear has a wider track and will literally push the car through a corner, and 3, it looks lame.

If you want wheels to fit on your car, make them fit! God made hammers and baseball bats to roll and pull fenders with!

And also, i ran spacers for years drifting and on my daily driver....and i noticed something, wheel bearings pooping out on me after like half a year. Wheel spacers put stress on the entire hub assembly and dont allow the wheel to actually be mounted flush to the hub itself. A lot of cheap spacers have uneven surfaces that result in uneven tire wear, noise, and bad bearings. Be careful, and just order wheels that have a nice offset. IF anything, order something you think is a little much, chances are with some camber and the right tire choice, they will more than likely fit perfect.

Just some info from my past experiences.

right
post #23 of 6291 Old 09-04-2009 Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

7.5 and 8.5 is a bit diff than 8.0 and 8.5.....the car handles better with a wider track up front. The car stock understeers....a bit much i think. Your right its just an opinion, but, i just hate to see people waste $. thats all

post #24 of 6291 Old 09-04-2009
Banned

Quote:
7.5 and 8.5 is a bit diff than 8.0 and 8.5.....the car handles better with a wider track up front. The car stock understeers....a bit much i think. Your right its just an opinion, but, i just hate to see people waste $. thats all
Why was it a waste of money if I got the look I was looking for? Your talking about things, that to me, aren't going to matter that much with this car. My AutoX days are done. This car is to provide me with a backseat for my girls and SOME sports car enthusiasm when needed. Yes, I want more power, yes the handling will be better with descent shocks, springs or coilovers, but to say I wasted my money, because I wanted a different look than the OEM's is somewhat out of line. IMO.
post #25 of 6291 Old 09-04-2009
The OG

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAuthenticFTW View Post
idrum, did you really just ask why someone put a staggered wheel set on his coupe? you do know it comes that way STOCK and to go with unstaggered wheels will kill the way the car handles?
Tell me about it. Does he even know what he's taking about?

If you don't like staggered fitment, go buy a FWD vehicle.
edawg and Jason-lee Grham like this.

Mirabeau Blue Genesis Coupe 3.8 GT
Volk Racing | Stance | Seibon | M&S | Sequence | Injen | Blox Racing
post #26 of 6291 Old 09-05-2009

can these guys please drop some info on wheel/tire specs and camber... =]]
post #27 of 6291 Old 09-05-2009
Ms. Warranty Voider

Garage

The first ones are Volk te37's... but these pics are from korea (bkmania).. unless anyone can speak korean and go there and ask it's likely we won't know.

Love the te37's on this car but know EVERYONE will be gettin them... so I'm probably not.

post #28 of 6291 Old 09-05-2009
It is not red. Not red..

Eh, I'm not feeling those te37's, esp on this car..

https://www.gencoupe.com/general-discussion/56608-north-american-genesis-coupe-meet.html
http://www.williamworley.com/nitrogen.php
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.0T Mirabeau: I am beginning to wonder about almost all these Vendors..
[email protected]&M~Grimmspeed~Beyond Redline
Have had NO complaints to my knowledge.
~Havoc - new, but desperate to keep their Customer Service name 100%
~Diode Dynamics - Paul always takes care of his customers
These are vendors I recommend. PM me if you think differently.
post #29 of 6291 Old 09-06-2009
Team Sun*Works

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Love the te37s

post #30 of 6291 Old 09-06-2009

yea i know they're TE's..
and they're 19's..

but i'm saying size offets tire setup camber..
real fitment specs
post #31 of 6291 Old 09-06-2009
The OG

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin View Post
pics are from korea (bkmania).. unless anyone can speak korean and go there and ask it's likely we won't know.
My guess would be 9.5 +22 F and 10.5 +22 R. 245/35 F and 275/35 R. Camber, who knows.
Fast-Eddie likes this.

post #32 of 6291 Old 09-06-2009

volk racing GTS on the red one. Prob 19x9.5 and 19x10.5 17 to 18 offset on the back and 23 to 28 offset in the front.

Last edited by GennyBK; 09-06-2009 at 10:03 PM.
post #33 of 6291 Old 09-07-2009
I'd rather do it myself

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage

Personally I would like to find some lighter wheels. The front factory 19s with the tire weigh 56lbs!!

If I were to buy new wheels they would be 18s and the same size front and rear. I would also run the same size tire in the back as the front. And get some tires that have a better rim protector. I miss my Kumhos.

2010 Red 2.0L track

Quote:
If the Pharaohs had duct tape, the Sphinx would still have a nose...."
post #34 of 6291 Old 09-07-2009
거침없는 크럿츠-킼

picked up for $500 USD + Stock 18's
Old school Work Ewings.
can't remember the wheel specs right now. i think (if i remembering them correctly) 8j +7 and 9j +7. factory tires.

sorry for the crappy pics, need a new one.

post #35 of 6291 Old 09-07-2009
The OG

Garage

Looking good, AnalogHero.

All this wheel talk makes me sad, I want mine now!

post #36 of 6291 Old 09-16-2009

coexrjguy have you installed your ZR+520 wheels yet?

If so, then please post pics...I am seriously considering the same wheel in gunmetal for my limerock green gc.

I am also interested in what the group's wisdom is on recommended offsets for 8.5" front and 9.5" or 10" rear wheel widths...

Quote:
Originally Posted by coexrjguy View Post
Just went with:

5Zigen ZR+250 Matte Bronze on Red coupe

Front: 18x8.5 +25 using stock rear tire - 245/45/18

Rear: 18x9.5 +20 265/40/18

Will post pics when I get them on....

Last edited by markm; 09-16-2009 at 08:02 PM.
post #37 of 6291 Old 09-16-2009

Me personally i love the Grimmspeed GC.....it sits perfect I like alot
post #38 of 6291 Old 09-16-2009

That blk GC wit the volks is the heat
post #39 of 6291 Old 09-16-2009
Banned

it always has been, and always will be my favorite! The red one! FTMFW!! Just so clean looking.
post #40 of 6291 Old 09-17-2009

Hey KrAk3n-H3adzZ, can you post more pics?

Have you installed your pro-kit yet?

I have the pro-kit on my base, and am considering the same wheels as you (in Gunmetal for my Lime Rock Green), so am interested in how yours look with the pro-kit...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement