Non-Brembo Brake Pads & Rotors - Hyundai Genesis Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 06-23-2018 Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Non-Brembo Brake Pads & Rotors

I'm looking for ceramic brake pads and rotors (non-Brembo brakes) for my 2012 3.8L Grand Touring. There seems to be several brands out there, but I'm not sure which are considered quality.

I don't track my car and it is used for daily driving so I don't think I need performance pads and rotors. I've seen Hawk and EBC recommended on here, but if I'm not mistaken those are more for performance/racing.

I checked out RockAuto and AutoZone and seems that Centric, Wagner, Bosch, Akebono, and Duralast are common brands for the Gen Coupes. Any insight into these or other recommended ones would be very helpful. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-23-2018

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)

Here you go:

Have fun choosing !
https://www.r1concepts.com/?utm_sour...caAs1kEALw_wcB

I too love Ceramic pads. I would recommend the carbon steel rotors. I will be getting slotted and drilled. slotted helps get rid of the water, and it helps the bite of ceramics. Drilled helps get rid of the extra heat the ceramics transfer.

Even drillled the carbon steel will NOT crack.

Here we go again !

Last edited by Gaijinn; 06-23-2018 at 04:26 PM.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-24-2018 Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijinn View Post
Here you go:

Have fun choosing !

I too love Ceramic pads. I would recommend the carbon steel rotors. I will be getting slotted and drilled. slotted helps get rid of the water, and it helps the bite of ceramics. Drilled helps get rid of the extra heat the ceramics transfer.

Thanks, the Ceramic series in the blue box seems like it fits the bill for the brake pads. I winced a little bit at the cost of the drilled/slotted rotors but I'll consider them if there's a significant advantage for daily driving.

Any idea if RockAuto carries quality stuff for pads and rotors? I see lots of brands on there but have no clue as to the reputation of the companies.

post #4 of 5 Old 06-24-2018

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa41 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijinn View Post
Here you go:

Have fun choosing !

Thanks, the Ceramic series in the blue box seems like it fits the bill for the brake pads. I winced a little bit at the cost of the drilled/slotted rotors but I'll consider them if there's a significant advantage for daily driving.

Any idea if RockAuto carries quality stuff for pads and rotors? I see lots of brands on there but have no clue as to the reputation of the companies.
Where are you located? For what you are looking for, I personally would not bother with drilled rotors.

Look at Stoptech slotted, the regular or cryo (cryo are a little better).
post #5 of 5 Old 06-24-2018 Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbullie View Post
Where are you located? For what you are looking for, I personally would not bother with drilled rotors.

Look at Stoptech slotted, the regular or cryo (cryo are a little better).
Houston. I may be moving next year to a colder climate with light snow but that's up in the air.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement