LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 09-27-2019 Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
"Cost-effective" Brake Pad Options

Hello All!

I've been reading around this forum for some time when it comes to issues/upgrades/any other information as it relates to my GC. I finally created an account so that I could ask the community a question that I haven't found much existing information on (yes, I used the search feature prior to creating this post, as well as a nifty little website called, I think, Google?). In any case my search results have turned up countless existing threads and questions about high-end/premium/performance/upgraded (aka expensive) brakes. My question is about brake pad replacements that are a little more, shall we say, cost-effective or, if we're getting right down to it, cheap. As much as I would love to splurge and get some really great brake pads and even rotors, it is not in my financial wheel-house at the moment. As such, I am wondering if any of you have any good suggestions for brake pads for a base 2011 GC 2.0 that are on the less expensive side, but still reliable/recommended.

Thanks so much in advance for any and all suggestions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-27-2019
In Charge of Snacks

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)

Everything I've purchased from R1 Concepts has been great. I've had excellet experiences with their customer service, too. In my wheelhouse they're great and I consider them to be a low cost high value parts emporium. Under $80 for pads front AND rear and new stainless hardware. Hard to beat...

www dot r1concepts dot com/detail_catalog/index/Brake-Pads/Optimum_OEp/ref=HYUNDAI+GENESIS_COUPE+2011+Mando_Brakes_fbsSin gle_Piston_Calipersfbe+Front_and_Rear

My version of cheap and yours might differ, though. Heck, I just splurged for Endless MX72 all around. I'm told they last forever and don't eat rotors, so maybe they're cost effective too.

'11 3.8 R-spec
Now trying to build the impossible
post #3 of 4 Old 09-28-2019

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)

I have 5 vehicles including my coupe, i use the high end pads from AutoZone and dont have any complaints. I dont track or race my cars and they give you another set for free when they wear out.
Red Raspberry likes this.

post #4 of 4 Old 10-03-2019
Irresponsible Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Welcome.

Just go to Rockauto.com.
I like to use Powerstop / Stoptech (centric). They both have various styles of compounds that you can choose from depending on your desires. I would stick with street, or OEM-style. As stronger compounds will create more dust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Genesis Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page