help choosing the right wheels - Hyundai Genesis Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 01-23-2015 Thread Starter
Member
 
KSA Coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
help choosing the right wheels

I'm about to order a set of vossen wheels CV5 but i need someone to confirm is these the right sizes

wheel size :
F 20x9 ET20
R 20x10.5 ET25
bolt pattern 5x114.3

and what are the best tires for those wheels ?
KSA Coupe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 Old 01-23-2015
POV Futografee
 
Tilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,407
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSA Coupe View Post
is these the right sizes
LOL

If you're asking if these wheels will fit, then yes. If you're asking if these will be flush, then yes. If you're asking if these are super aggressive, then no.

As far as tires, the "best tires" is all up to what YOU want. Performance, All-Season, Cheap, Expensive, stretched, meaty....
Tilley is offline  
post #3 of 6 Old 01-24-2015 Thread Starter
Member
 
KSA Coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilley View Post
LOL

If you're asking if these wheels will fit, then yes. If you're asking if these will be flush, then yes. If you're asking if these are super aggressive, then no.

As far as tires, the "best tires" is all up to what YOU want. Performance, All-Season, Cheap, Expensive, stretched, meaty....
Thanks for your reply Tilley
And please could you explain some stuff to me, i am not from the US and since I got my car I have been reading in this super good forums, so what do you mean by these expressions FLUSH, STRETCHED, MEATY
KSA Coupe is offline  
 
post #4 of 6 Old 01-24-2015
POV Futografee
 
Tilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,407
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage

Ah.... I didn't even see that you were from Saudi lol figured it was more "hipster lingo". Anyways... I'm going to assume that you just want "proper" fitting tires that are similar to OEM. So you should probably go with a 255/30/20 for the front, and a 285/30/20 for the rear. You can also run a 245/30 up front with a 275/30 in the rear.

Look through this thread for more info:
https://www.gencoupe.com/wheels-tires...hread-254.html
Tilley is offline  
post #5 of 6 Old 01-24-2015
Banned
 
karbonkoncepts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,200
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSA Coupe View Post
I'm about to order a set of vossen wheels CV5 but i need someone to confirm is these the right sizes

wheel size :
F 20x9 ET20
R 20x10.5 ET25
bolt pattern 5x114.3

and what are the best tires for those wheels ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSA Coupe View Post
Thanks for your reply Tilley
And please could you explain some stuff to me, i am not from the US and since I got my car I have been reading in this super good forums, so what do you mean by these expressions FLUSH, STRETCHED, MEATY
Those wheels will fit on your car perfectly. First let's explain some terms:

Flush - When you're looking down the longitudinal profile of the vehicle (from the front to rear) the wheel/tire sit "flush" to the fender. They're not recessed and there's no "poke" (sticking out).

Stretched - When the tire is "stretched" and not "square" on the wheel.

Example of square:



Example of stretched



Meaty - A large "ratio" tire. This gives you a lot of sidewall and maximum rim protection.

This would be considered "meaty"



Now with that being said, you have to tell us the look that you're trying to achieve in order to give you a solid recommendation on what size tires to run. I personally have a very "square" look to mine. (i'll post the pictures later. I've spent the last 30 minutes looking for them on my HD and can't find them, lol)
karbonkoncepts is offline  
post #6 of 6 Old 01-24-2015 Thread Starter
Member
 
KSA Coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbonkoncepts View Post
Those wheels will fit on your car perfectly. First let's explain some terms:

Flush - When you're looking down the longitudinal profile of the vehicle (from the front to rear) the wheel/tire sit "flush" to the fender. They're not recessed and there's no "poke" (sticking out).

Stretched - When the tire is "stretched" and not "square" on the wheel.

Example of square:



Example of stretched



Meaty - A large "ratio" tire. This gives you a lot of sidewall and maximum rim protection.

This would be considered "meaty"



Now with that being said, you have to tell us the look that you're trying to achieve in order to give you a solid recommendation on what size tires to run. I personally have a very "square" look to mine. (i'll post the pictures later. I've spent the last 30 minutes looking for them on my HD and can't find them, lol)
Thank you very very much for taking the time and explain it to me, now i can really understand what's being said in the forums.
And for the look a Vossen dealer in my city suggested the tires size to be
225/35/20 front
275/30/20 rear
What do you think?
Thanks again.
KSA Coupe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Related Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello! I need help in Choosing an exhaust! Bpm1005 General Discussion 23 10-13-2014 08:55 AM
Need help on choosing spacers GenRSpec13 Wheels, Tires and Brakes 2013 and up 8 01-24-2014 09:30 AM
need help on choosing rims for a KW! hec18 Wheels, Tires and Brakes 2008-2012 9 07-20-2012 05:45 PM
Need helping choosing tires for my track wheels Hatebreed Wheels, Tires and Brakes 2008-2012 5 10-01-2010 07:10 AM


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Hyundai Genesis Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome