Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 6309 Posts

·
Banned
3,068 Posts
Have you installed your pro-kit yet?

I have the pro-kit on my base, and am considering the same wheels as you (in Gunmetal for my Lime Rock Green), so am interested in how yours look with the pro-kit...
Actually I'm in Mexico right now. I will take pics when I get back in about 2 weeks. Sorry, I know how much some of us need pics.:wtc:

·
Transporter
556 Posts
MIne are Fastwheels Predators as follows

wheels-Front 20" x 8.5" offset of +35
Rear 20" x 10" offset of +45

Rubber- Falken 452

Front 245/30ZR20 90Y

Rear 275/30ZR20 97Y

Ill edit in week or two with pics of wheels before and after spacers.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,406 Posts
3500? works aren't even that much unless you are special ordering colors....

I really like the concave RPF1's or some emotion xd9's with a nice lip. Both of those won't cost an arm and a leg and will look awesome.

I'm thinking 17x9 low offset all around. yummmmm
I want some 17"s that fit over the Brembos.

449 Posts
Specs of those Volk wheels are the same specs as the 350z sepcs. For 350z, specs are 9.5J 22+ front, 10.5J 22+ rear. Volk GT series have a different specs, but they are only 1 or 2 offset difference.. So, they are very close to what I just mentioned.

·
Registered
478 Posts
how would 18X10 +22 in the rear and 18X8.5 +30 in the front look?

Also whats the widest back tire a GC can fit without rubbing on a 10" wide wheel? Any help would be GREATLY appericated.

·
Shut up and take my money
4,726 Posts
guys.. need some input please.. will 18x9 +15 fit in the back? The lowest offset I've seen mentioned here on the forums was +18 (with the width of 9.5 I believe) - anyone know for sure if +15 would fit with no modifications necessary? :dunno:

·
Registered
73 Posts
PICS yet?

Can't wait...!!! I want the exact same ones in gunmetal...gotta see...esp. interested in how the offset looks.

Also anyone know of other center caps that fit these? Not crazy about the ones they come with...

Just went with:

5Zigen ZR+250 Matte Bronze on Red coupe

Front: 18x8.5 +25 using stock rear tire - 245/45/18

Rear: 18x9.5 +20 265/40/18

Will post pics when I get them on....

·
Team Sun*Works
76,154 Posts
MIne are Fastwheels Predators as follows

wheels-Front 20" x 8.5" offset of +35
Rear 20" x 10" offset of +45

Rubber- Falken 452

Front 245/30ZR20 90Y

Rear 275/30ZR20 97Y

Ill edit in week or two with pics of wheels before and after spacers.
What size spacers did you get? I cant wait to see these on, thats the exact size I am planning for my car and I am unsure of the offsets

·
Registered
139 Posts
I put the WORK XD9 18x10+18 with 225-40's from my silvia on the genesis and I thought they were going to stick out (nicely) for a fender roll/flair because the 18's that come with the car have what appears to be really thin backpads and no lip but instead they were just dwarfed by the car. I will try 19's next but I may need 20's for proper flushness.
Im guessing that the reason I have not seen anyone in Korea or USA with flaired fenders is that they cant get the car low enough?
here is my other 2 cars that are setting the fitment standard for my genesis:

·
Registered
767 Posts
^ So what you're saying the 18x10 is too small for the genesis? Dang I wanted to run 18s bah I guess I have to roll with 19s.

·
Registered
139 Posts
18's are ok, certainly does not look bad but this car has bigger wheel wells than others I am used to. To get that look where the radius of the fender matches the wheel I think the wheels need to be bigger, I will test fit both scenarios, BUT another concern is being able to drop the car enough to bring the wheel lip flush. Needs to be dropped quite a bit.

·
Registered
79 Posts
not sure of the offsets here on this one maybe someone else will?

This one was told to be 18x8.5/9.5 +22

Not sure of this one as the rears look alittle more poke and stretched.. Might be +12? But is perfect fitment to me. Just needs to work the front.

Another one i wish i knew the offsets and specs on:

·
Registered
79 Posts
20" is too large on this platform. Its even too large on the 350z platform.

18"s might be the way to go. 19"s if anything. Ill know when i get mine.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Idrum2loud is correct when he wrote that spacers ruin hubs. When people add spacers it changes the "true center" of the wheel and puts added pressure on the bearing.. I've seen and experienced it plenty of times..

BUT.... that all depends on how wide the spacers are, and what typeof driving is done.. Typically anything past 10mm with spacers and you are doing some harm to the bearing.. Where I screwed up, and probably where idrum2loud did aswell is going with something larger than 10mm AND using it for track purposes.. But for normal driving, it's perfectly fine..

Idrum2loud was 100% correct.

My .02
good day.

41 - 60 of 6309 Posts